Last year, the Maine Coon was the most-viewed cat breed on CatTime.com. This year, however, the feline (and four other 2012 position holders) fell out of the top 10. Here are the 10 cat breeds who got the most page views on CatTime.com in 2013 (in ascending order):
8. Turkish Van: This mostly-white feline’s changing nose color displays her current emotional state (if it turns red, she’s upset); she also loves water, so make sure to keep the toilet seats down. (2012 rank: 29)
7. Persian: A sedate feline who prefers a serene home where little changes from day to day, the Persian is known for her round head, short face, snub nose, and chubby cheeks. (2012 rank: 19)
5. Abyssinian: Of all the cat breeds, the Abyssinian climbs higher, jumps farther, and plays harder; she’s perhaps the one who lives life to the fullest. (2012 rank: 7)
4. Ragdoll: Notable for collapsing into the arms of anyone who holds them (even if they’re cradled on their back), Ragdolls are docile, but that doesn’t mean they’re inactive. (2012 rank: 2)
3. Burmese: The “copper cat” of Burma doesn’t know the meaning of privacy, as she’ll want to be involved in everything you do — from working at the computer to preparing meals. (2012 rank: 16)
2. Siamese: Talkative and opinionated, this loyal and loving feline is agile, athletic, highly intelligent, and loves to play…she’s also prone to pout and pine if given little or no attention. (2012 rank: 8)
1. Bengal: The Bengal cat looks like she belongs in the jungle, with her distinctive fur patterns; nothing scares her (certainly not dogs), and she’ll make friends if they don’t give her any trouble. (2012 rank: 5)
For more of our year in review, please see CatTime’s top 10 cat news stories of 2013.
Interested in dogs? Take a look at the top 10 most popular dogs of 2013 on DogTime.com.