WOPET Automatic Pet Feeder
This WOPET feeder is an easy pick for best overall product.
Find on Amazon
With the WOPET Automatic Pet Feeder, you can schedule up to four automated feedings per day, and programming is super-simple—it’s just a matter of clicking a couple of buttons on the clear, illuminated LCD screen. Portion control is easy, too, since you can dispense anywhere from two teaspoons to 4.5 cups per day. As an added touch, you can even record a message for your cat, to be played at meal times, using the mic button. And, conveniently, this feeder boasts infrared detection technology to prevent food from spilling, has an easily removable food storage compartment, and will even keep functioning in the event of a power outage. What’s not to love?
- You can schedule up to four automated feedings per day using a built-in programmable timer
- In case of a power outage, the feeder will continue to function (it has a dual power supply)
- You’re able to record a customized message for your cat, to be played at meal times
- The main food storage compartment can hold up to 20 cups of food and is easily removable
- Has infrared detection technology to prevent food from spilling
- Suitable for dry food only
Iseebiz Automatic Cat Feeder
It's virtually impossible for your kitty to break into this Iseebiz feeder.
Find on Amazon
If you’ve got a particularly frisky kitty on your hands who likes getting into everything, the Iseebiz Automatic Cat Feeder is a great pick. This feeder is ultra-secure, with infrared detection that prevents food overflow and also keeps food nice and fresh. It has a voice recorder that allows you to record a 10-second message for your precious cat so that she feels comforted while eating her meals. And, crucially, it’s easy to set up and assemble.
- Has an infrared sensor, so that when the bowl fills a certain amount, the machine stops
- You can feed your cat up to four meals, at scheduled times
- Comes equipped with a voice recorder, so that you can record your voice for up to 10 seconds
- Super easy to set up
- The packaging could stand to be improved
PetSafe Healthy Pet Automatic Cat Feeder
For cats on a strict diet, this PetSafe feeder is the perfect product.
Find on Amazon
PetSafe makes a wonderful feeder for cats on a special or strict diet: the Healthy Pet Automatic Cat Feeder. If your cat tends to eat quickly or over-eat, this feeder works great since it allows you to schedule very small meals throughout the day (up to 12 meals in total). Not only that, but it’s very sturdy and pet-proof—this feeder was basically designed to keep sneaky paws from getting in it. Plus, you can put the removable parts and stainless steel bowl in the dishwasher when it’s time to clean it.
- For cats who tend to eat quickly, this feeder allows you schedule small meals throughout the day
- Conveniently schedule up to 12 meals per day (especially great if you have multiple cats)
- Sturdy pet-proof design, to help keep cats out of the main compartment
- Easy to clean; you can place the bowl and feeder parts in the dishwasher
- Programming isn’t very intuitive, so it’s best to keep the manual
Vanness AF3 3-Pound Auto Feeder
If finances are a concern, this Vanness feeder is ideal.
Find on Amazon
If you’re shopping on a budget, you can’t go wrong with the Vanness AF3 3-Pound Auto Feeder. It has a simple, rather streamlined design, with a lid that lightly latches down and a small bowl for the food. It’s also very durable, especially considering the price. If you don’t care about fancy features and can’t afford a more luxe product, then this feeder is a great option.
- Excellent value
- The food slides down easily; very streamlined design
- Lid lightly latches down
- Durable, especially considering the price
- Obviously doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of more expensive feeders, so it may not be the right choice for every pet owner
Roffie Automatic Cat Feeder
Got more than one kitty in the house? This Roffie feeder boasts a bigger capacity than most.
Find on Amazon
If you have more than one cat, the Roffie Automatic Feeder is an excellent pick. This seriously spacious feeder holds up to 29 cups (or 7 liters) of food, and the food is dispensed smoothly, without getting jammed up. Programming is easy and straightforward, and you can even set a specific time for each feeding. And, the design is sleek and user-friendly—the top lid forms a seal, so that food stays fresh for as long as possible (a must-have feature for picky kitties).
- Holds up to 29 cups of food (7 liters)
- Very straightforward programming
- You can set a specific time for each feeding
- You’re able to record a customizable message
- Has a simple, user-friendly design
- Top lid forms a seal, to help keep food fresh
- The D batteries aren’t included
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I purchase an automatic cat feeder?
Do note that automatic feeders should never take the place of taking care of your cat. Rather, an automatic feeder should be used only if you’ll be away for the day or on a short trip. In the event that you’ll be away briefly, though, an automatic feeder can be great for cats, who like to eat at regularly scheduled times—and most feeders allow you to schedule meals at certain times.
How can I ensure that my cat doesn’t eat too much with an automatic feeder?
It’s true that you do have to be careful about over-feeding with an automatic feeder. If you’re going on a short trip or will be gone for long stretches of the day, there are ways to make sure that your cat doesn’t eat too much—namely, you should pre-portion out meals before programming your feeder, to ensure you’re not over-feeding. You should also hire a pet sitter if you plan on being gone for more than a day, even if you do use an automatic feeder. In addition to socializing with your cat, a sitter can make sure that the feeder is working properly.