Have you ever found yourself wondering whether female cats have periods, just like humans? Well, the short answer is yes, female cats do have periods, but there are some key differences between a feline period and a human period. Here’s what you need to know.
If you’ve ever donated blood or needed surgery, you’re probably familiar with your blood type.. But what about your cat’s blood type? Knowing your cat’s blood type can be vital in times of emergency. Here is everything you need to know about the different cat blood types.
Do hypoallergenic cats really exist? The short answer is, well, not really–or at least not definitively, according to scientists and studies. Although, anecdotal evidence does suggest that certain cat breeds might be less likely to set off allergies. Here’s what you should know.
A flea infestation comes about when fleas decide to take up residence in your cat’s fur and drink their blood. If you notice your cat scratching much more than usual, or in a more frantic way, they might have picked up fleas. Here’s what you should know.
Yes, you heard it here first; cats can get separation anxiety. Any cat can develop it, but it’s most common in kittens who were orphaned at an early age or separated from their mother too early. Here’s what you should know.
One day you have a cute kitten, the next you’re living with a teenage cat who’s decided it’s time to make their mark on the world—literally. Here are a few things you can expect to see with an adolescent cat–and some ways you can reduce the stress they cause.
Latest News and Reviews
Some cats just don’t like when you pick them up or hold them in your arms, even if it’s just for some loving snuggles. Here are a few reasons your cat might not enjoy being picked up or held.
I’ve grown concerned over my cat’s obsession with food. Anytime I’m in the kitchen, she cries and circles around my feet, begging for more. After a trip to the vet, I decided to try out these tips that might help you with your own food-obsessed cat.
Can your cat get a sore throat? The short answer is yes, cats can get sore throats, just like us humans. In fact, in many cases, a cat’s sore throat could be due to catching a case of cat flu. Here’s what you should look for.
Glaucoma in cats is a condition where fluid in the eye fails to drain properly. This can bring about vision issues for the cat and a swelling of one or both eyes. If glaucoma in cats isn’t treated properly, it can lead to blindness. Here’s what you should know.
We’re celebrating May 19th as #WeSayThanks Day to honor all those essential workers who are still out there keeping us safe during the pandemic. Of course, we can’t thank our firefighters enough. Luckily, resident firehouse cats are also supporting our heroes!
There’s something calming and reassuring about hearing and feeling a cat purr. But have you ever wondered how exactly it is that cats purr? What is that sound they’re making? Let’s take a detailed look at how cats purr.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.