Looking for a Star Trek-inspired name for your cat? Your cat should sport a name that supports their continuing mission–to explore strange new scents and to seek out new catnip and new treats! So let’s boldly go into the best Star Trek cat names in the universe!
There’s a very familiar odor is wafting from that corner where you keep the litter box out of sight. And now that smell is taking over everything. What can you do? There are many different factors that can contribute to stinky litter, so here’s a primer to help you figure out the solution.
The last week in September is known as Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week. Cats who we sometimes deem less adoptable are, in reality, loving, sweet, adorable kitties who make wonderful pets. You can help less adoptable cats in your community 365 days a year.
You may have heard the term “Schrödinger’s Cat” referred to in party conversation or vaguely recall it from high school physics class. It’s a thought experiment, and it’s as famous as it is vexing. But what does it mean? Here’s what you need to know.
There are a lot of different theories and practices when it comes to introducing your new baby to your cat. Here are a few ideas to help you make the transition into life with your new bundle of joy smooth for everyone.
There are plenty of things we’d like to say to human parents. Our cats manage to be well-behaved, well-groomed, polite members of society while human kids run amok. If only we could advise parents with our expertise, the world could be a more cat-like place.
Latest News and Reviews
If you’ve come looking for facts about totally terrific tortoiseshell cats, you’re in the right place! Torties are sweet, lovable felines with a feisty side that’s sure to keep you on your toes. Here are a few facts you may not know about tortoiseshell cats with torti-tude.
Mark this year’s World Rabies Day, September 28th, by making sure your pets are up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations, and encourage friends and family to do the same for their pets. Help us spread the word to promote prevention and raise awareness around the globe.
The tabby cat is one of the most popular types of cats in America. But just because they’re common doesn’t mean they’re boring. In fact, there are plenty of fascinating facts about tabby cats that you probably don’t know, even if your own kitty is a terrific tabby.
The answer to that question is yes, cats can eat eggs in moderation, though you must ask your veterinarian before you feed eggs to your cat. There are many situations where eggs can be harmful to cats. Here’s what you should know.
High powered world leaders need friends too, and who better to listen to your troubles and woes than a furry feline friend? Here are 5 world leaders who loved cats.
The answer to that question is yes, most cats can safely eat some tuna, but only in moderation and only under certain conditions. In some circumstances, tuna can be very harmful to cats. Here’s what you should know about feeding tuna to cats.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.