August 15th is National Relaxation Day — a day to take it easy and relieve some stress, and your best furry friend can certainly help with that. Being around cats can help reduce blood pressure, anxiety, loneliness, and plenty of other things that stress us out.
August 17 is Black Cat Appreciation Day! Black cats are amazing and, in some parts of the world, they’re considered to be incredibly lucky little critters! They will bring your household nothing but good fortune and happiness if you bring one into your home, especially if you adopt one from a shelter!
Orbax for cats is an antibiotic medication that veterinarians usually prescribe to treat bacterial infections. Some of the common bacterial infections that vets prescribe the drug for include skin, soft-tissue, and urinary tract infections. Here’s what you should know.
Anything that falls under the umbrella of ribbon-like objects, such as string, yarn, twine, tinsel, shoelaces, and even rubber bands have caught many a curious cat’s eye during playtime. But should you let your cat play with ribbon? Is it even safe? Here’s what you need to know.
Some people love cats so much that they make a career out of their feline affinity. If you absolutely can’t get enough kitties, there are plenty of jobs out there that can help you get your cat fix. Here are seven dream jobs for people who adore cats.
Laxatone for cats is a medication that veterinarians usually prescribe to help prevent and get rid of hairballs. It works by coating and lubricating any hair that a cat has swallowed, allowing it to more easily pass through the feline’s digestive system.
Latest News and Reviews
My best friend offered to stay at my home and take care of my cat for free while I’m gone for the weekend. My friend’s boyfriend, though, is a little off. Am I crazy to turn down my best friend’s offer based on sheer speculation about the guy she’s dating?
Cat proofing your house can be tricky. Some kittens can get into everything. If you’re bringing home a new cat or kitten make sure you’re ready! Here are seven steps you should take to make your home a little safer and more cat proof!
Eye infections in cats are viral or bacterial infections that cause cats to develop eye issues and discomfort. They’re quite common in cats and often very contagious. Here’s what you should know.
National Vinyl Record Day is coming up on August 12th. To celebrate, here’s a round-up of essential albums that you’ll want to collect — and maybe display on the wall — because of their awesome cat-themed cover art.
There comes a time in most indoor cats’ lives when the vet kindly points out that they could do with losing a little weight. Here are a few exercises your indoor cat can do to stay healthy, lose weight, or just fight off boredom.
Hepatic lipidosis in cats refers to a disease that stops the liver from carrying out its normal detoxification and metabolic functions. It’s also called fatty liver disease, and it can cause a cat to stop eating and be fatal if not treated early. Here’s what you should know.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.