Female cats who haven’t been spayed will go into heat in a cyclical fashion. Cats in heat can mean a lot of work for an owner, especially if the owner is keeping the cat intact specifically for breeding. If your cat is not spayed and she is acting strangely, there is a chance she is in heat.
It’s heartbreaking to think about a mama cat not accepting her babies, and you may be wondering why it even happens at all. The reasons are many and include a lack of maternal instincts, disease, and deformity among others. Here are some reasons a mother cat might abandon or reject her kittens.
Bringing home a pet from an ethical rescue is a great way to start a relationship with the animal that’s sure to be rewarding for many years. Make sure you take some time to review the rescue organization you want to adopt from. Here’s a checklist of what they should offer!
Mobile veterinarian can help your cat get their annual wellness exam, as well as other treatments, without the stress of traveling. There are a lot of good reasons to choose a mobile vet that will make wellness exams and treatment easier for both you and your cat.
Creating a fun, satisfying, and safe environment for your cat doesn’t have to cost a small fortune or take up hours of your time. In fact, with a little cat-centric thinking, you can easily retool your home to become a feline wonderland. Here are five super simple hacks to start cat-ifying your abode.
You probably know that cat pee can be incredibly difficult to get rid of completely. Even if you can’t smell it anymore, your cat might be able to, and they might be drawn by that scent to pee in the same place again. Here are the best ways to clean cat pee when it lands outside the litter box.
Latest News and Reviews
Super Bowl Sunday is almost upon us. Maybe you, like many Americans, are looking forward to a party with friends, food, drinks, and football. However, a Super Bowl party can be very different from a cat’s perspective. Here are a few tips that will help you make sure your cat is safe during the big game.
Vets and doctors understand anesthesia better today than they did several decades ago. It’s fairly safe when administered properly with up-to-date protocols. Anesthesia still poses some risks; although, bad reactions to anesthesia rarely happen in cats, and there are ways to reduce those risks.
Can cats eat popcorn? There isn’t a quick yes or no answer. While popcorn by itself isn’t toxic to cats, many of the toppings and additives commonly used on popcorn can be. Popcorn kernels can also be a choking hazard to cats. Here’s what you should know about cats and popcorn.
Dandruff is different than cat dander, which is compromised of a cat’s saliva and dead skin cells. It can be a symptom of many different issues that your cat may have. Some are rather benign, but other times, dandruff can be a sign of something more serious.
Can cats eat peanuts? The short answer is yes, cats can safely eat peanuts. Although, there’s not really any nutritional reason why you should actually be feeding your cat peanuts on a regular basis. And as always, you must ask your vet first. Here’s what you should know.
Many cats, seem quite happy to have a lazy lifestyle every day if left to their own devices, especially indoor cats. But there are steps you can take to ensure that your cat is getting adequate exercise. Here are a few ways you can help a cat stay active and healthy.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.