Cats are good at figuring things out for themselves. They’re naturally curious, great explorers, and good at making a toy out of anything. If you’re not careful, your cat might outsmart you sometimes. Here are ten of the smartest cat breeds in the world.
The short answer is no, cats can’t safely eat cherries. While the flesh of a ripe cherry itself is not toxic to cats, both the pit and other parts of the cherry plant can be highly dangerous for felines. Here’s what you should know.
One of our CatTime readers has a problem with a cat who won’t stop urinating outside of the litter box. Can Dear Tabby give her advice that will help stop the accidents and messes?
A cat named Elsa on a Swedish farm didn’t have kittens of her own. But that didn’t stop her maternal instinct from taking over. She decided to adopt some babies instead — only they weren’t baby kitties. They were cute, fuzzy baby chickens, freshly hatched from their eggs. Watch the cute video!
The short answer is yes, cats can eat cantaloupe. Letting a cat snack on some cantaloupe provides more than a few health benefits, especially because the fruit is high in both fiber and water. Here’s what you should know.
Want a friendly, confident cat? The way you raise a feline during early kittenhood plays a huge role in achieving that goal. Here are a few things you should know about kitten socialization.
Latest News and Reviews
The mama cats in these stories have motherly instincts and will do whatever it takes to protect their youngsters, even if their kids aren’t the same species. Whether moms are biological, adopted, or foster, they deserve to be celebrated on Mother’s Day.
Cat moms take care of their kitties all year long, and they deserve a special day in their honor. If you haven’t done your Mother’s Day shopping yet, there’s still time to get a gift your cat mom will appreciate. Here are ten gifts for cat moms that you can buy in time for Mother’s Day.
You’re probably aware that May 9th is Mother’s Day in 2021, right? But even if you’re not a mom or don’t know any moms of human kids, we can still celebrate the holiday as a feline-focused occasion to honor all the cat moms out there! Here are some great ways to celebrate Mother’s Day with cats.
Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 9th in 2021, and we couldn’t be more excited to honor all the great cat moms out there. The kittens in these pictures are showing their mama cats some appreciation with licking, snuggling, playing, and more.
Mama cats are there from the very beginning, from nursing their kittens to teaching them how to play, stay safe, and develop their natural cat instincts. In honor of Mother’s Day, here are ten videos of mama cats and their kittens.
Have you ever thought about which type of cardboard box is the best fit for your cat? Is it an oversized moving box? The ubiquitous Amazon Prime box? Or even a raggedy shoe box you long forget to throw away? Well, wonder no more
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.