Vets often cite feline obesity as a key issue to watch out for, but a cat who’s underweight can also be a cause for concern. If you suspect your cat may be losing weight too fast or that they’re underweight, then you must consult your veterinarian. Here’s what you need to know.
The short answer is yes, cats can eat oatmeal. Serving oatmeal to your cat can provide a number of positive health benefits, and oats are often used in certain commercial cat food formulas. Just make sure that you keep an eye on the amount of oatmeal you are serving to your cat and the way you cook it.
Can cats cry? Scientifically, the answer is no, cats don’t cry tears when they feel upset like humans do. But they still feel sadness and even grief, and they have their own ways of expressing those emotions. If you see tears in your cat’s eyes, they may have a health issue. Here’s what you should know.
Can cats predict earthquakes? The answer isn’t totally clear; although, there is some science behind the theory and a whole lot of firsthand anecdotal evidence that exists. Here’s what you need to know!
The short answer is yes, cats can eat salmon. In fact, there are a number of positive health benefits that come with feeding salmon to a cat; although, you will have to make sure you monitor the amount that you serve to your cat along with the way you prepare the fish.
Stomatitis in cats is a condition where the mouth becomes inflamed. It can affect a cat’s cheeks, tongue, and gums. In some cases, it can even result in cats not being able to eat. Here’s what you should know.
Latest News and Reviews
April 15th is Anime Day, a hashtag holiday celebrated by fans of Japanese animation all around the world! If you’re familiar with anime, then you know it’s a genre packed full of all sorts of cute and wild feline action! Here are the best anime cats we know!
The short answer is yes, cats can eat blueberries. In fact, there are more than a few health benefits that come with feeding blueberries to cats, and you might have even noticed them as an ingredient in certain commercial cat foods. Here’s what you should know.
If you own a cat — or one owns you — you’ve almost certainly heard the hacking sounds and cleaned up the unpleasantness that accompany coughing up a hairball. While hairballs are a common malady among felines, they can occasionally be serious. Here’s what you should know.
Cats can bring joy to just about any occasion, even a boring council meeting, as you can see in this video! The meeting in British Columbia’s Bowen Island Municipality gets interrupted by loud meows coming from a kitty looking for some love and attention.
The short answer is no, cats can’t safely eat macadamia nuts. While macadamia nuts aren’t quite as toxic to cats as they are to dogs, they’re still a food that you should definitely avoid feeding to your cat. Here’s what you need to know.
It’s hard to deal with potentially heartbreaking — and expensive — news in the heat of the moment. However, there are some steps you should consider taking when you’re faced with a vet’s diagnosis that you weren’t expecting or don’t agree with.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.