There are very few people who can resist the lure of tuning in to a good cat video. That might be why some cat videos are so ridiculously popular on YouTube! Here’s a roundup of the greatest YouTube cat videos of all time, which we’ve compiled using the platform’s total view counts.
Catnip is an herb, scientifically called Nepeta Cataria, which is part of the mint family. It drives some cats absolutely wild — but why? And why do some cats seem to not care about catnip at all?
Stud tail in cats is a condition that affects a cat’s tail in a fashion similar to human acne. This is due to the cat’s sebaceous glands producing too much oil that, in turn, clogs pores, usually around the part where the tail meets the back.
A feline can accidentally escape even the safest of homes. Even the most diligent cat parents make mistakes. If that does happen to you and your beloved pet, here are some tips to help you find your lost kitty and bring them back home.
Lots of cats have a reputation for being shy, running to hide under the bed when guests come over, or refusing to come out of their carrier at the veterinary clinic. The good news is that, with some early kitten socialization training, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Scabies is a condition in cats caused by very small mites. These mites can make a cat severely itchy and scratch so much that they suffer from hair loss and skin irritations. Here’s what you should know.
Latest News and Reviews
While most cats may appear stoic and independent in nature, the sudden disappearance of you or your kids during ‘back to school’ time can cause a lot of stress. Here’s how to make the transition back to the grind of the school year for your cat as easy and calm as possible.
When you have children, especially babies and toddlers, there are many things to consider if you’re thinking of adding a cat to your family. Studies show that children who grow up with pets tend to benefit greatly. Here’s what parent’s should know.
Heartworm disease is most common in dogs, but it can appear in cats along with more than 30 other species of animals, including humans — though it’s rare. While heartworm disease can appear in cats, it’s different than the way it appears in dogs.
Hot weather and watermelons go together like cats and cardboard boxes, so it’s fitting that National Watermelon Day falls right around the hottest part of summer on August 3rd. Are you ready to celebrate the holiday with some delicious watermelon and your favorite furry friend?
Back To School Month starts in August, and you may not have thought about it, but the season can be a time of adjustment for your cat, especially if the household becomes quieter during the day once the kids are no longer running around. Here’s how you can help your feline!
Can you give some watermelon to your cat? The short answer is yes! So with National Watermelon Day coming up on August 3rd, here’s all you need to know about sharing a tasty, fruity treat with your feline friend.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.