Common skin conditions in cats are easy to notice but can cause pain and impair a cat's defense system. Scabs, rashes and bumps are frequent examples.
Electrolyte disturbance in cats happens when there is not enough phosphorus in the blood. It often affects cats who suffer from diabetic ketoacidosis.
Cirrhosis and fibrosis of the liver in cats are two of the most common liver conditions for felines. They both involve the formation of scar tissue.
Chronic inflammation of the bronchi in cats happens when a cat's mucous membranes of the bronchi become inflamed. The main symptom is a persistent cough.
Colonic or rectal inflammation in cats is a disease that affects the bowel. In short, the condition makes a cat's colon inflamed and can cause ulcers.
Foxtails are a type of plant that contain barbed seed heads. Here is what you need to know about the dangers of foxtails and cats.
The cat, who wasn't standing for the intrusion, strutted straight up to the black bear and caused a retreat. Watch the video!
A photograph of a cat who appears to have trained himself to use a human toilet is going viral following a post on the popular Reddit platform.
A one-eyed man named Dylan adopted a fellow one-eyed friend, a kitty named Martin. Humane Society of Richland County shared the happy news via social media.
With the summer weather here again, your kitty might be taking full advantage of the sunshine. But is it safe to let your cat lie in the sun all day?
Cats may not pant like dogs or sweat like humans, but they do have some pretty interesting and clever ways of staying cool in summer.
Chediak-Higashi syndrome in cats is a medical condition that usually affects the Persian breed and can cause them to suffer from excessive bleeding.
The “put an ice cube on your cat” challenge has emerged on the TikTok social media platform, and it's caused pet experts to warn against taking part.
Even if your cat is a strictly indoor cat, a well-timed escape and slip into the pool can quickly become tragic. Here are a few pool safety tips.
Desmopressin for cats, also known by brand names Stimate, DDAVP, and Minrin, is a hormone-based drug primarily used to treat diabetes insipidus.
Indoor cats can enjoy the summer weather if you take steps to construct a safe and secure catio for your feline or grant them monitored time on the deck.
Now that summer vacation has begun, your kids are probably going to have more time to spend at home bonding with their cats.
What you can find here on CatTime
- At CatTime, our mission is to keep cats out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their cats, very happy and healthy.
- CatTime covers all things cat. Our extensive breed profiles include the evaluation and history of key cat breed characteristics--amount of shedding, adaptability, behaviors--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- Looking to add a feline to the family? Use our adoption page to check local shelters in your zip code. Once you've found the purrfect four-legged friend, take a look at our extensive lists of cat names by breed, fur color, or theme.
- For expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising kittens, cat health, product reviews, and lifestyle, CatTime has answers with submissions by notable and respected behaviorists, specialists, trainers, pet lovers, and veterinarians.
- Looking for fun? The cat video page is stocked with videos on everything from funny, cute, and celebrity cats to how-to's and product reviews.
- Watch the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the cat world, product and food recalls, important legislation, health hazards, and other information that impacts cat owners.