As much as cats like to play, they also like to sleep. In fact, they adore sleeping. Yes, cats can somehow manage to curl up just about anywhere, but that doesn’t mean they won’t appreciate being spoiled with their own personal cat tent. It's like a home within a home. After all, they love their privacy, so it’s only fitting that they should have a personal, comfy nook they can lounge in for hours while they recharge their batteries. So, with our cat’s best interest in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best feline tents on the market.
Outback Jack Cat Enclosure
It’s always difficult to watch our indoor cats stare longingly out the window hoping for any chance to experience what’s on the other side. Unfortunately, they don’t realize that it’s for their own safety and protection that we keep them in the comfort of our homes. That being said, Outback Jack has the perfect solution for those curious cats that need to explore. Their outdoor tent enclosure allows your pet to experience nature from the confines of a netted tent while ensuring they remain comfortably at arm’s length. With an accessible price point and a design that lets you keep an eye on their shenanigans, this pick is sure to be a hit with your felines.
- Your pet can enjoy a safe day outdoors
- Over 30 square feet of space
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Fabric is thin and can rip away from the zipper
- The tent only has one opening
Best Pet Supplies Cat Tent
Despite how much we love our feline friends, we all know that they can be pretty picky at times. Plus, it’s absolutely draining to purchase something for them only to find out they prefer the packaging it came in as opposed to the actual item. This is where Best Supplies comes in. Their cat tent is not only the ideal nook for our hard-to-please friends, but it provides them with a superior level of comfort and security. Adding to the appeal is the fact that these designs fit flawlessly into your home’s décor.
- Available in nine different colors
- Lined with either faux suede, linen, or corduroy
- Blends with the natural décor of your home
- Machine-washable and easy to transport
- Stitching can come undone after several cycles in the wash
- Not the sturdiest of tents and can sometimes fold in on itself
Arkmiido Teepee Cat Tent
There’s no reason a cat tent can’t have its own individual flare while spicing up the interior of your home. Plus, there’s no reason a tent has to merely be a tent. Arkmiido knows this, that’s why they’ve taken things up a notch with this cat teepee which is not only comfortable and can easily be carried from one room to the next, but it has a unique style unto itself. So yes, while this teepee is an attention grabber, it also ensures that your feline has a safe, private space for those much-needed cat naps.
- Odorless and environmental
- The structure is supported by New Zealand pine wood
- No tools required for assembly
- Comes with a chalkboard that hangs from the top
- Not suitable for larger pets
- Not the easiest to assemble
Glitterstar Cat Tent
Our cats deserve the very best, they deserve to be pampered in every way and they know it. In fact, they demand it at times. Glitterstar is fully aware of this and that’s why they’ve come up with this tent that exudes fashion, comfort, and individuality. Plus, it has built-in tassels, which we all know our cats can’t resist. Best of all, it’s quite durable and can help shelter your kitty for years to come.
- Available in four different sizes, small to XL
- Available in six assorted colors and prints
- An effective way to relieve pet anxiety
- Easy to assemble
- Can easily be flipped on its side by overactive cats
- Cats will be tempted to claw and scratch the microfiber
Tordes Shark Covered Cat Tent
There’s no reason we can’t have a little fun at our cat’s expense, especially if we know we’re still providing them with optimal comfort and privacy. Tordes knows this, too, that’s why they’ve come up with this premium cat bed that takes fun and creativity to the next level. Designed to look like a soft, plushy shark, your cat will welcome the open jaws that lead right to a comfy bed and a feeling of security. Adding to the appeal is the fact that this item can effortlessly fold into a sofa bed, giving your feline friend the chance to be adorned on full display.
- Easily transforms from cat tent to sofa bed
- Water-resistant bottom
- The cushion is machine-washable and dryer friendly
- Composed of pet-safe materials
- Not suitable for larger cats
- The seams may fall apart if washed too often
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any features I should keep an eye out for while looking for a cat tent?
Most tents do vary from one another. In fact, some tents don’t even have a cushion and are designed primarily for outdoor use to allow your cat to safely experience mother nature. Some are designed specifically for napping while providing your feline with a private, secure resting place. Several take the term ‘tent’ and give you just that, an indoor structure that resembles an outdoor tent or teepee. These are creatively satisfying and can even give your home décor a little something extra. Some enclosures are multi-functional, meaning they can transform from a tent to a sofa bed. Ultimately, when it comes to a cat tent, it’s the dealer’s choice, as we know that our individual cats have a personality all to themselves.
Are these cat tents safe?
Absolutely. In fact, they’re designed to offer your cat a safe and secure space whether it be for playing or napping. The goal is to alleviate any anxiety they might have by providing them with the privacy they so desire.