You love your cats and kittens and want to do what's best for them. If you're on the hunt for a new cat food or researching foods as you prepare to bring home a new furry friend, consider these foods we highly recommend. From wet to dry, there will be a brand of food that will work well for you and your cat.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain Free Natural Adult Dry Cat Food
This wheat-free, soy-free cat food is made with real chicken and has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to fill your cat up so that they don’t come meowing between meals. Blue Buffalo Wilderness helps with muscle development, healthy skin and coat, and supports cats’ immune systems.
- Cats love this food, so you may not have to switch
- This is a great source of protein for cats
- This may not work well for older cats
- The morsels may be too small for very young kittens to eat
Meow Mix Original Dry Cat Food
If you’re looking for a trusted brand and an affordable product, Meow Mix is a great choice. It has a mix of flavors including chicken, turkey, and salmon that cats love. It has essential vitamins and minerals so that your cat has a well-balanced meal.
- If you’re feeding outdoor cats or strays, this is a good price point to affordably do so
- This is a trusted brand at a budget price
- This may not be a good cat food for those with a sensitive stomach
- This product may ship slower than others
Purina Fancy Feast Pate Adult Canned Wet Cat Food
Want to surprise your feline with some super fancy cat food? Check out Purina Fancy Feast Pate, which comes with 24 3 oz cans. There are multiple flavors and this is a smooth food, particularly good for cats who may have difficulty chewing hard food. This is gluten-free, flavorful, and has what your cat needs for balanced nutrition.
- This cat food is good for kittens, adults, and senior cats
- This product may work well for diabetic cats
- The cans may dent during shipping
- This cat food may have a strong odor
Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food for Adult Indoor Cats
Adult indoor cats have a different lifestyle than others, and therefore, deserve their own food. Hill’s Science Diet cat food meets the energy needs of indoor cats and has quality proteins and fibers to help cats stay full in between meals. This is a vet-recommended product that will serve your indoor adult cat well. Hill’s Science has food for all stages of your cat’s life if you’re looking to keep him or her on the same brand.
- This cat food comes with a 100% guarantee
- This food supports healthy digestion
- The kibble may be too large for some cats
- This is for adult cats only
Sheba Perfect Portions Cuts in Gravy Wet Cat Food Tray Variety Packs
If you’re tired of wasting cat food or storing half-eaten cans of wet food in between meals, consider making the switch to Sheba. These 24 2.6 oz packs come in gravy trays in salmon, tuna, and whitefish flavors. Your cats will love them and these easy to open trays are perfectly portioned for one meal.
- These trays make for easy to serve cat food
- There is less mess with this food
- As with many wet cat foods, this may have an odor
- The gravy can squirt out when opening the tray if you’re not careful
Frequently Asked Questions
What food is best for my cat’s dietary restrictions?
If your cat has dietary restrictions and/or diabetes, speak with your veterinarian about what food he or she should be eating. Also, be sure to read the ingredients that the food has in it.
Should my cat have wet or dry food?
This is a personal decision that also relates to your cat’s preference. Some cats have difficulty chewing dry food, particularly as they age, but some cats have stomachs that can’t handle wet food. You may have to do a series of trial and error in the beginning when choosing food for your cat.
Can cats easily digest these foods?
Cats have finicky digestive systems, so your cat may have a food preference.