Pretty litter is not your basic cat litter. Pretty litter not only absorbs urine but also helps alert cat owners to potential health issues in their cats. Thinking about making an upgrade to your litter? Check out these pretty litter options.
Dr. Elsey’s Premium Clumping Cat Litter
Dr. Elsey’s is a popular litter for good reason. It’s 99.9% dust-free, works well for sifting and in mechanical litter boxes, is hypo-allergenic, and is the perfect litter for multiple cats.
- Since this litter is practically dust-free, it’s a great pick for asthmatic cats.
- It’s excellent at clumping and masking odors.
- If your cat is particularly fluffy, the litter grains can get trapped in your cat’s fur.
Fresh Step Advanced Clumping Multi-Cat Litter
Fresh Step Multi-Cat fights odors longer and is the perfect pick if you have more than one cat in your home. With low dust and high clumping, as well as a fresh scent, you will love this pretty litter.
- Thanks to the Febreeze mountain springs scent, your littler will smell fresh longer.
- It clumps really well, which makes this a great pick if you own more than one cat.
- This litter produces more dust than other brands.
Fresh Step Crystals, Premium Cat Litter
This pretty litter is packed with crystals, which are known for their ability to absorb moisture, and this comes with a 30-day odor control guarantee. If you are concerned about lifting heavy litter, this is lightweight. There is low dust with this product, but you must use it as directed for the best results.
- Due to the unique crystal formula, it produces very little dust and clumps well.
- If you dislike added scents, we’re happy to note that this unscented litter successfully reduced odors.
- Some cats might find the crystals too hard on their paws.
Ultra Pet Ultra Cat Litter
This pretty litter is super soft for cats and kittens with sensitive paws. It absorbs urine well while drying out solid waste for easy disposable. This product is non-scented and produces little to no dust.
- Ultra Pet Ultra Cat litter has a mixture of crystal sizes to help with easy absorption. We found this masked the smell of solid waste within a few minutes.
- Unlike other crystal-based brands, the grain is very fine. If your cat has sensitive paws, but you like the effectiveness of crystals, this is a good pick.
- You may have to clean your litter box daily if you don’t have an automatic litter box.
Boxiecat Premium Clumping Cat Litter
This is a plant-based pretty litter that is flushable. The winner of the 2019 Pet Business Industry Recognition Award, Boxiecat produces minimal dust and is know for tracking less. It seems to keep odors away for a long time, meaning this is great if you’re looking for longer-lasting litter or if you live in a smaller space.
- It keeps odor away longer than other brands, so if you’re planning on leaving your cat for an extended period, this is a good pick.
- It’s unscented but gives off a natural, fresh aroma.
- It’s excellent at keeping your floors free from litter dust.
- This pretty litter may cost more than other brands.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of litter box works well with pretty litter?
This is completely your preference. The litters mentioned above can work well in both a standard and automatic litter box, so it’s your choice and budget what you might use. If you have an automatic or robot litter box, be sure to read what litter is recommended because some brands require a specific brand or type to ensure that they work as described.
What are the advantages of this kind of cat litter?
For the most part, pretty litters absorb urine extremely well, eliminating mess and odor. They also can dry solid waste and clump well for very easy and, in some cases, minimal cleaning of the litter box. These litters also tend to create less dust than clay litters when cats are in them.
How often should you clean your litter?
If you don’t have an automatic litter box, it’s recommended to clean daily, but if this is something you’re not prepared to do, search for the litters that are known for being odor eliminators. Additionally, automatic or robotic litter boxes will have varying directives for how frequently you should clean the litter box. It also depends on how many cats are using the same box.
About the Author
About the Site
Since 2008, CatTime has provided millions of cat owners with all the information they need to keep their pets happy and healthy. Our experts know exactly what it takes to raise our furry friends and our goal is to help all owners, new or experienced, care for their cats with all the right food, toys, equipment, and accessories.