Halloween is such a fun holiday for us humans! Keep in mind that it’s a human holiday and that some animals are miserable playing dress up, especially cats!
Some people like to dress their kitties up for Halloween and that’s okay if they are a willing participant.
Our advice is: If you have a costume for your cat, dress them up and take your pictures, remove costume. However, don’t force a cat to stay in a costume if they are unhappy. Nobody likes when a cat is sad.
Let’s all have a fun, safe holiday, and that includes all of our cats!
For those who have kitties who like to play dress-up, here’s a little cat Halloween costume inspiration for you!
Halloween Dos and Don’ts!
- Let your cat take off their costume as soon as your photos are captured.
- Do pick simple costumes, like a simple bow-tie!
- Do give your kitty lots of love.
- Make sure your cat is in a secure place on Halloween night. We don’t want anyone to escape while you’re handing out candy!
- Allow your cat to eat Halloween candy.
- Let your cat escape when trick-or-treaters arrive.
- Let your cat get stressed during the noisy excitement.
Make sure to keep candy away from your sweet kitty cat while you celebrate! It can be very toxic.