Amazing cat facts
Sunday July 31st, 2011
This article courtesy of petinsurance-101.
Cats are amazing animals — full of beauty and grace. How much does the average cat-owner really know about his feline friend? Check out these amazing cat factoids and see for yourself:
- Just like humans have fingerprints, cats have nose prints. The nose pad of each cat is unique.
- Purring is not always a sign of contentment; cats also purr when they experience pain and discomfort.
- Compare cat age and human age. A six-month-old cat compares to a ten-year-old human. Sixteen years in cat age is equivalent to 80 years in human life.
- America adores cats: Americans spend more on cat food than they do on baby food.
- Cats are amazingly successful hunters. One in three pounces of a domestic cat result in a catch.
- Cats cannot taste sweet foodstuffs and chocolate is poisonous to cats.
- A neutered cat lives two-three years longer than unaltered cats.
- White cats with blue eyes are invariably deaf.
- Cats have personality, and the way you bring up your kitten will determine its personality for the rest of its life.
- Cats are capable of a hundred different sounds. The dog’s vocal capacity is limited to only ten.
- Cats are amazing jumpers; they can jump up to seven times their height.
latest news & articles
offers from our sponsors