These dog and cat names are derived from characters featured in the movie Alien (1979) and its sequel Aliens (1986). Warning: Plot spoilers are revealed below.
- Ash (Featured in Alien; android science officer on board the Nostromo, Ash malfunctions, attacks his fellow crew members, and is ultimately dismantled)
- Bishop (Featured in Aliens; an android on expedition to LV-426)
- Hicks (Featured in Aliens; a corporal in the marines)
- Hudson (Featured in Aliens; a private in the marines)
- Jonesy (Featured in Alien and Aliens; orange-and-white tabby cat who escapes with Ripley from the Nostromo)
- Newt (Featured in Aliens; a little girl who seems to be the only survivor of a colony on LV-426)
- Ripley (Featured in Alien and Aliens; survivor of the Nostromo‘s alien infestation and rescuer of Newt)