Cats are amazing animals full of beauty and grace. But how much does the average cat parent really know about their feline friend?
It’s always fun to learn new and interesting facts about cats, and even kids love random trivia about their animal pals. That’s why we regularly cover our favorite cat facts on CatTime!
So take a look and learn with ten more cat facts below. Test your knowledge, share with friends, and dish out some tidbits to a young cat lover in your life!
Show Me The Cat Facts
Do you already know everything there is to know about cats? Check out these amazing cat factoids and see for yourself:
- 1. Just like humans have fingerprints, cats have nose prints. The nose pad of each cat is unique.
- 2. Purring is not always a sign of contentment; cats also purr when they experience pain and discomfort.
- 3. America adores cats! Americans spend more on cat food in total than they do on baby food.
- 4. Cats are amazingly successful hunters. One in three pounces of a domestic cat results in a catch.
- 5. Cats cannot taste sweet flavors, which is fine since chocolate is toxic to cats.
- 6. A neutered cat lives two-three years longer on average than unaltered male cats.
- 7. White cats with blue eyes are almost always deaf.
- 8. Cats have different personalities, just like humans. The way you bring up your kitten will often affect their personality for the rest of their life.
- 9. Cats are capable making more than a hundred different sounds. The dog’s vocal capacity is limited to only ten or so.
- 10. Cats are amazing jumpers; they can jump up to seven times their height.
Still can’t get enough cat facts? CatTime is full of feline trivia! Here are a few more cat fact articles that might interest you:
- Why Are Calico Cats Almost Always Female?
- Who Holds The Record For World’s Biggest Cat?
- Why Orange Cats Are Usually Male
- 5 Amazing (And Often Bizarre) Cat Facts For National Trivia Day
- 21 Cool Cat Facts To Share With Kids [AND PICTURES!]
What’s your favorite cat fact? Did we miss any awesome feline trivia? Let us know in the comments below!