Cats are amazing animals full of beauty and grace. But how much does the average cat owner really know about their feline friend?
It’s always fun to learn new and interesting facts about cats, and even kids love random trivia about their animal pals. That’s why we regularly cover our favorite cat facts on CatTime!
So take a look and learn with eleven more cat facts below. Test your knowledge, share with friends, and dish out some tidbits to a young cat lover in your life!
Show Me The Cat Facts
Do you already know everything there is to know about cats? Check out these amazing cat factoids and see for yourself:
- Just like humans have fingerprints, cats have nose prints. The nose pad of each cat is unique.
- Purring is not always a sign of contentment; cats also purr when they experience pain and discomfort.
- Compare cat age and human age. A six-month-old cat compares to a ten-year-old human. 16 years in cat age is equivalent to about 80 years in human life.
- America adores cats! Americans spend more on cat food than they do on baby food.
- Cats are amazingly successful hunters. One in three pounces of a domestic cat result in a catch.
- Cats cannot taste sweet foodstuffs, which is fine since chocolate is poisonous to cats.
- A neutered cat lives two-three years longer on average than unaltered cats.
- White cats with blue eyes are almost always deaf.
- Cats have different personalities, just like humans. The way you bring up your kitten will often affect their personality for the rest of their life.
- Cats are capable of a hundred different sounds. The dog’s vocal capacity is limited to only ten.
- Cats are amazing jumpers; they can jump up to seven times their height.
Still can’t get enough cat facts? CatTime is full of feline trivia! Here are a few more cat fact articles that might interest you:
- Why Are Calico Cats Almost Always Female?
- Who Holds The Record For World’s Biggest Cat?
- Why Orange Cats Are Usually Male
- 5 Amazing (And Often Bizarre) Cat Facts For National Trivia Day
- 21 Cool Cat Facts To Share With Kids [AND PICTURES!]
What’s your favorite cat fact? Did we miss any awesome feline trivia? Let us know in the comments below!