There’s nothing quite like snuggling up in a warm bed for a nice nap. Farina, the cat in the video above, has found the perfect resting place — right on top of her Husky sister!
Maeby, the Siberian Husky, seems just fine with this intrusion on her personal space. This is definitely not the first time her kitty pal has used her as a bed — a comfy, fluffy, self-heating bed! Make sure to send this video to someone who could use a smile today!
If the adorable video above has you wondering if your cat would like a doggy sibling of their own, there are some things you should consider before you introduce a new furry family member. Here’s some advice for helping your cat and dog make a good first impression.
Introducing A New Dog To Your Cat
If you’re bringing home a new furry family member, you’ll want to make sure they have the best introduction possible with your other pets, especially if they’re of a different species.
The best thing to do is start off with a cat and dog when they’re both young. If they grow up together, they’ll have a far easier time getting along.
But maybe you’ve already got an adult kitty. How should you go about bringing a new dog home to meet them? Here are some tips:
- Consider adopting an adult or senior dog. Puppies may have too much energy for your cat.
- Pick a dog with a low prey drive. You don’t want them chasing kitty around all the time!
- Make sure your cat has a place to retreat. Some perches or kitty condos will keep them out of pup’s reach.
- Give your kitty their own space. Make sure their bed, litter, food, and water are well away from the doggo.
- Get them used to each other’s scent. Rub a cloth on each pet and place it in the other’s sleeping area or near their food bowl.
- Let them investigate each other’s hangout spots once they start to feel comfortable.
- Make the introduction through a baby gate or door. If they seem interested and sniff each other, let them meet without the baby gate, but restrain the dog just in case.
- Let them warm up to each other. These things take time!
For a more full, complete list of instructions, check out our article about making dog-cat introductions here!
Does your cat have a dog sibling that they can snuggle with? Do your pets ever sleep on top of each other like the cat in the video? Let us know in the comments below!