You may have heard that cats hate water, but the little kitty in the video above proves otherwise! Watch the cute furball make a bathtub out of a sink and chill while sipping on some fresh water from the tap.
Maybe the cat was sitting in the sink to cool off on the porcelain, or maybe some felines just prefer running water, even if it’s coming down on their heads. Whatever the case may be, we’re happy to get an adorable video out of it. Share the video with someone who could use a smile today!
The video may have you wondering about cats’ weird, love-hate relationship with water. Here are a few interesting facts about cats and H20!
Strange Facts About Cats And Water
Check out some of our favorite facts about cats and water!
- Cats can taste water. While water tastes pretty bland for us, cats actually have taste receptors for water. Dogs can taste water too!
- Cats don’t feel as thirsty as dogs or humans. However, that means they may not feel the need to drink water when they’re dehydrated. Make sure your cat gets enough water. You may want to give them wet food if they don’t drink enough, just so they can get some extra hydration.
- Cats can stay hydrated on seawater. While we humans would get dehydrated from drinking salty water, cats have very efficient kidneys that filter out the salt.
- Most cats prefer to drink moving water. In the wild, cats evolved to recognize that still water is often stagnant and could make them sick. This is why many housecats prefer to drink from a water fountain or sink.
- Some cats don’t like to eat where they drink. Try putting your cat’s water bowl in a place away from their food bowl. This may encourage them to drink more water!
Does your cat ever drink water straight from the sink? Do they love water, or do they hate getting wet? Let us know in the comments below!